A meeting of the MITC Board took place on July 2 led by the Minister for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications Azim Akhmedkhadjaev. The results of the development of ICT sphere for the first half of 2018 were summed up during the event, as well as the issues of attracting foreign investments and realizing investment projects in the industry. Participants included heads of departments, offices of MITC, joint-stock companies, enterprises and organizations of information technologies and communications sector.
Participants talked about a video-selector session led by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev (June 21), which was dedicated to the state of implementation of investment projects in the sectors and regions, analysis of the results of attraction and utilization of foreign direct investment. During the meeting, instructions were given to prepare investment proposals, search for foreign investors, develop projects, and carry out expertise, financing and their implementation.
Within the framework of ongoing work on investment projects, 690 km of fiber-optic communication lines were laid during the period under review, 1004 base stations were put into operation, including 483 for 3G technology and 4G LTE. To date, the total length of fiber-optic communication line has reached 24.5 thousand km, the total number of base stations has exceeded 20 thousand km.
MITC is consistently working to create an investment portal, which includes information on the transformation in the industry, the conditions created by the government, and promising projects for joint implementation that may interest foreign investors.
According to the agenda, the Board examined the results of the development of the sphere for the first half of 2018. Thus, in the period under review, the growth of services rendered by the enterprises of the sphere amounted to 118.9% in comparison with the same period of the previous year.
The speed of connection to international Internet channels has reached 140.034 Gb/s, which is 1.5 times more than in early 2018, then it was 94.034 Gb/s. The cost of connection to the international Internet channel for operators and providers has not changed and equals 244 958 soums.
Over the past period of this year, more than 30 electronic public services were implemented on the Single Portal of Interactive State Services. The total number of state services provided reached 101. 31 thousand applications were received through the Single Portal. Thus, the total number of applications of public services exceeded 560 thousand.
Single Public Initiative Platform MENINGFIKRIM.UZ was launched in April 2018. The portal currently has more than 70 petitions in the process of voting, more than 170 petitions are under consideration. In the first half of the year, over 1000 collective appeals were received through the portal, over 13 thousand comments were given.
A new version of the Virtual Reception of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan was launched on February 1 which received more than 2 million applications, of which more than 1.9 million (98%) were considered.
More than 13,600 proposals and comments on 2 428 draft normative legal acts were submitted to the Portal for discussion of draft normative legal acts of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In the first half of the year, 176 companies managed to become MUIC residents. The total number of residents reached 319 companies, and the number of employees exceeded 2.6 thousand people.
Special attention during the meeting was paid to the tasks to be implemented this year. They involve:
- development of a strategy for further development of the e-government system for 2018-2021, taking into account international experience and trends in the development of modern information and communication technologies;
- Increase in the volume of services rendered by MUIC residents by 2 times, as well as export volume by 1.8 times;
- Assistance to residents in cooperation with foreign companies and when entering new markets;
- Increase in the capacity of the international Internet channel by 8-10 times to 1 Tbit/s;
- Organization of access points to the leading international telechains as well as organize routes to them in different directions;
- Organization of construction of 2,000 km of fiber-optic communication lines throughout the country in order to expand the backbone telecommunications networks,
- Introduction of a draft of the relevant Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan in order to develop and improve postal services and introduce new types of services.
Following the Board’s meeting, participants made a proposal for further development of the field.